Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yayuh

Done recording for the night, thought I'd post now instead of tomorrow morning!

I am SO HAPPY with my songs. There are only four, but I've hit the 30 minute mark. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is going for the full 30 -- seems like some of the OGs are having a tougher time than the noobs!

Honestly, I am surprising the hell out of myself. I love these songs not because they're good, but because they're different. Don't sound like me whatsoever. I'm sure they will once I get my voice on there, but for now I feel like I've managed to break out of my comfort zone a bit. And isn't that the point of this whole thing?

I finished the guitar AND added bass to the whole album. I also did some tambourine and glock tracks on one song, but I'm saving all that fun stuff for tomorrow and onward.

I have absolutely no clue how the vocals will fit into this -- I just know I want the focus off of the lyrics. So the words will be simple and direct. Right now, the only song with lyrics is called "Where Will I Go When I Die." The lyrics are completely neutral and basically meaningless. I'm not sure if that's the angle I'll be taking in general, but it seems to work for that song.

Whenever I make an album, I usually decide on a "color scheme" at some point -- normally it happens before I start writing, but this time it sort of emerged on its own. This album is dark green and dark brown. Real earthy, as you might expect with only acoustic instruments.

Gah, I can't wait for tomorrow. Hope everyone else is having at least a fraction of the fun I'm having.

Oh, and we should have a Record Time e-toast on Monday. I'm buying some girly wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment