Sunday, April 15, 2012

Piece of Mind

Well, I finished...sort of. I have premastered versions of everything -- just want to run it all through the Waves mastering plugins at work tomorrow.

My album is called Piece of Wood.

The tracklist, unless I change my mind:

1) Where Will I Go When I Die
2) Beautiful Girls
3) Piece of Wood
4) Piece of Fuzz

Total running time is...29:58! Guess who's adding 2 seconds of silence to the end of the last track!

I went from being really happy with this album, to a little disappointed, to really happy again. Thank God for Autotune. I hadn't used it on my last 2 or 3 albums at least, but this album has a couple moments of 7 or even 8 part harmonies, and that's just not going to happen without Autotune.

I should really give another disclaimer about my album. It's somewhat...unfinished. There are sections that were clearly meant to have vocals, and they just don't. I ran out of time and brain power. Such is Record Time. But I'd like to think that the instrumental parts are interesting enough that it doesn't completely break the album.

The lyrics are also INCREDIBLY simple and occasionally stupid. All of the lyrics fit on about 3/4 of a page.

I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't cram this album full of vocals, but I'm patting myself on the back because there's a buttload of music and I played every single note in front of a mic. All natural, baby.

Now, to think of some artwork before bed. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment