Saturday, April 14, 2012

More. More. More. Gear. Gear. Gear.

Seems like I just want to keep adding more and more STUFF on these tracks, and I'm sure Nick agrees.

So, the Shanty decided to do something special for RTVIII in terms of audio, something that we have certainly not done, and from what I can remember listening to over the years, no one else has done either.  Looks like everyone is pushing their creative limits, and I'm loving it!--Luxi & Dan, making physical artwork--And Logan's album cover is so good it brings me to tears.

It's fun to see everyone's caves.  I'm lucky enough to have a fine space to work in!  Lots of gear, lots of light, lots of empty beer bottles all around (Although, I cleaned most of them up right before snapping these shots).




After 7 years of being an amateur in recording music...I still use a makeshift pop filter made out of the top of a salsa container with a hole cut in the center of it, woman's panty hose, and a binder clip to hold it up in front of the mic.

For the record (time), I don't sport the panty hose on the weekends...but I did buy them using a self checkout lane...

No comments:

Post a Comment