Thursday, April 5, 2012

well...

This Record Time is equal parts exciting and scary. My Mac gave out on me and I went and got a PC, and it's really nice and all, but the software is so foreign to me. I pretty much taught myself everything I know about recording with Garageband, and while it's definitely time to move on from that, it feels kinda icky being forced into it, especially when time is of the essence. This Record Time, I'll be recording in between my 3 jobs and 18 credit hours of class. So, as you can see, there are certainly some challenges laid out in front of me.
So, if all goes to plan, this album should follow the same format as my last two RT submissions. Heavy messiness juxtaposed with folky plunking. However, the songs on this one are going to be stripped waaaayyyyyy down. The point of this music will not be technicality, by any standard. This album is all about being heavy as hell and super catchy at the same time. I just really hope I can pull that off.

(Also, no more 'djenty' ghost note crap. I love it, but I suck at it.)

2 comments: