Friday, April 13, 2012

Teeth

Guess I'll keep this one short, since there's not a lot to say.

I'm sort of disappointed at how little I got done last night. Did most of the melodica and glockenspiel tracks. I knew my melodica was out of tune, but MAN. Get ready for some microtonal action.

The weirdest thing about this album is that it literally just sounds like Shugo Tokumaru now. The more instruments I add, the more it will probably sound like him, at least until I get the vocals on there. And I guess I should have realized that adding lots of recorder would take away from the "darkness" of this album. But that doesn't mean I don't love it.

I also remembered an old friend I used a couple times for film scores: my retainer case. It's basically a creepy-sounding castanet. And that's exactly how I used it. I triple-tracked some retainer case and it sounds like chattering teeth.

I'm also using a huge film canister as a sort of trashy snare drum. It sounds awful in a good way. I also drank a bunch of chocolate milk and have my water shaker now.

Finally, I have never needed a rainstick more in my LIFE. Gah.

1 comment:

  1. Films.

    You owe me and Sliker royalties since you're now over your 'Gah' quota of the month. Interest will incur after 2 weeks of delinquency.

    Also, you buy premixed chocolate milk? What the hell is wrong with you? LA has changed you man...LA has changed you.

    ReplyDelete