Sunday, April 8, 2012

T - 9.5 hours...

Yikes!

In the past few days, I've been listening to some old RT albums & reading bits from the blogs, & boy did it bring me to a harsh reality!

It's not that I'm completely unprepared. It's more like...

1. My album will be 100% acoustic. I don't have the desire or the means to do anything otherwise.
2. Mixing/editing/production will be minimal (but it will be there!). See #1.
3. As for a concept? I'm still working on that one, but I have an idea working in my little brain.

I'm in for a looooong week. My plunky little six-string & I will take any encouragement we can get!

But, to reiterate: mega stoked! Even moreso than before. Let the games begin!


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm going all acoustic too! I hope. I have always liked the scrappier RT albums.

    Just don't think about what you're doing, try not to make revisions (takes away the charm!) and above all, don't worry about making a good impression. If you could only hear my Record Time I album...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES to everything Dan just said!

    Record Time is all about the experience; ANYONE on here who has participated knows exactly where you are coming from and no one will ever judge anything you submit. Like Dan said, don't think too much about it. Write it, record it, and move on to the next song.

    ReplyDelete