Friday, April 13, 2012

Is it Friday already?!

This has been such a weird process for me!

I wrote my 5th song today while sitting in HIST150. Yes! I only have a few lyrics left to write in one song before I'm all done with that.

Recording is going, albeit slowly. I have one song nearly completely done, & I just love it. Another song is getting there. The other three I'm going to start & finish tonight. I'm out of commission for the rest of the weekend, which is a bummer, but hopefully Sunday will allow for some time for finishing touches.

I plotted it all out, & it looks like my album will be between 15 & 20 minutes long, which is more than I expected it to be! All in all, this is looking like a success story for me. I'm pleased.

Oh! & I got ahold of a ukelele... which means that I'll get to do more than just play the guitar & sing. So that'll be... nice?

xoxo

edit - Scratch the 15-20 minutes. I turned my ballad into an upbeat Pachelbel's-canon-chords-ripoff, which takes away about 5 of those minutes. M'bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment