Sunday, April 15, 2012

2 good 2 B True

Okay...so... it's been a crazy 24 hours with many ups and downs. 
I hit a lot of technical problems all at once.
First off, the screen printing thing just isn't happening and I am super disappointed about it  :(  I spent a good few hours trying to hand scrub emulsion out of my screens last night, and eventually I decided to throw in the towel since if I didn't get the new emulsion on by last night, it wouldn't be dry enough to expose this morning... SO yeah, that sucks, but anyway, I'll have to do digital artwork this time... Might still get some copies printed out at kinkos because I like having CDs on hand, but that will have to wait until tomorrow seeing as they close at 6pm (eastern time).

On top of that, last night my free ableton demo decided not to connect with the network after I restarted my computer (ahhh! never restart in the middle of a project if you can help it) and I was worried I wouldn't be able to make any changes whatsoever, in which case I wouldn't have been able to release anything, but luckily after a couple hours of hitting "retry" over and over, it connected again.  Haven't closed the program down since. 

So today, I spent a good amount of time sitting in my car with my laptop plugged into the tape deck adapter to do a jenky mix down.  Also, side note, I recorded a lot of my vocals in the car, my bedroom is too reflective.

Charlie thinks it sounds okay:


Anyway, the album is pretty much done, still have to do a car test with a CD, but I'm pretty happy with it... and a warning:  These are some of the weirdest songs I've ever made. 
Total time is currently at 19:19...weirddddd.

xxx Luxi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment