Friday, April 13, 2012

A taste

Yesterday didn't go as well as I had hoped it would. I wanted to get a lot more recording done, but I had to stay later at work than I planned, and THEN my landlord came over and spent a couple hours pounding holes into my ceiling.

Nonetheless, I feel pretty good with where I'm at. All of the instruments are tracked/mixed and the album artwork is almost done (The front cover is complete, the back cover is waiting for me to come up with song titles). My tonight is pretty busy with non-RT stuff, so I doubt I'll get much of anything done, but I have just about all day tomorrow to write lyrics and record vocals. Maybe if I get all the vox done early enough I'll try to write some material. Right now I'm at 9 songs and no more than 20 minutes, maybe less :(

I think I'm proud of this album so far? Its hard to tell right now, it will entirely depend on how my vocals go over. This stuff needs a pretty textbook punk voice, which mine is definitely not. Vocals aside, the music is nothing special. I think the production sounds good, but the music is nothing flashy.

4 comments:

  1. MIKE! Is that seriously your stuff? That sounds incredible! We're gonna need to talk after this.

    Also why do your posts keep popping up like 3 or 5 posts down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thats my stuff. This is the punk album we were talking about a few months back.

    Ha ha, my post popped up way back because I STARTED writing it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaw dam that drum compression is pumpin! In the best way possible of course.

    ReplyDelete