Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Logan Bradley Vol 2 Reviews


ClassiCal – Sefirah EP

Very soothing. Great sound, tasteful use of effects. I really enjoy the mix of found sound and composed music. I think Kill Em With Kindness is my favorite track. I love that water sample and the way you utilized it.

Dick Reynolds – Record Time Shizz

Interesting collection of songs. I wish the vocals were higher in the mix, they sound good. Those To Come strikes me the most. It's playful, relaxing, and the melody lines in the guitar and whistling are fantastic. The whole thing has a shoegaze vibe which is cool.

F.E.A.R. - Why

Damn, entropy pumps like a motherfucker. It's pretty cool in this context. I really like the end of entropy, gets strange. Psych is nonstop crazy. I think I like the sounds used in recluse the best. Nice continuation of your last RT.

Kevin Lee Todd – Magnus Ociel Marcello

As everyone has said, very impressive overall. I believe I said last time that I really enjoy your voice. Reminds me of Maps & Atlases a bit, tons of character. The mix on this RT seems way stronger than your last. The balance is great and there are a lot of textures that pop out at me. Zombie may be my favorite track. The percussive clicks in that are delightful. Great cover too, did you make that?

Kris Eckman – Burl's Great NoNo

Another heavy, weird album. I think the double tracking on the guitars really adds a lot to your sound. Your riffs and playing seem a lot stronger too. Jimmy Dean is the standout track for me. Nice groove goin on. Good choice switching up the vibe so much on the last track. I like the distorting drums and having the guitars still there but low in the mix to let the synths shine. This one was a real leap forward. Can't wait to hear what you come up with next.

Paul Marquissee – Favorite Place

A departure for Paul. I was pretty excited to listen to this. Nice mix, good arrangement, very pleasant overall. I like the expansion of sound in the bridge. Great job Paul, especially since this isn't necessarily your comfort zone.

Aaron Webster – Snails

Aaron and I have already talked about this track. I know he wanted to do more, but I really enjoy this song. Even more so than what he did last RT. There's some really fun stuff going on compositionally. I love the last 10-20 seconds of this track. Nice chord progression, creative drum parts, and as this was done in FL a lot of midi work. Thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, Logan. Very flattering. And yes, I did make the cover, although it's more an amalgam of a bunch of different images I stole (the owl being the only image I actually designed), great photoshop pains were taken to get it all to fit together.

    ReplyDelete